Foreignmoviesddl

Home for Pure Cinema
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:13 pm 

Hi, i'm in need of a program (or programs) that will let me cut video files and also convert MP4's to Avi/MKV.

Also what's the best program for converting files to DVD? i've had ConvertXtoDVD for years just wondering if there's anything better/faster out there.

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 pm 

I subscribe to GiveawayOfTheDay. They offer free software every day that has a licence valid for a year. At the end of the year, you either buy a licence or the programme lapses. However, with cutters, converters and so on, there is a new offer from a different company virtually every 15 to 25 days, so one never needs actually to buy anything, just use the latest download.

It's different with other products. I bought a licence for Zemana antilogger after the giveaway period ran out as it is a fantastic programme. I have paid for some other stuff too at the end of the period. I guess this is how the companies absorb the loss - there will always be some people who will renew for hard cash at the end, even for a converter they have grown attached to and are reluctant to use another. I must say that I can understand that as some of the converters will embed subs and some won't, for instance, or have far more functions.

I hope this is a solution to your query. By the way, the giveaway versions are generally not upgradable, so you have to be careful. If you get a message asking if you want to upgrade to "the latest" version a few months later, do not do so as this will wipe the free licence key.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:54 pm 

Thanks for the reply.

Do you ever get any spyware or adware bundled in with the programs?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:35 pm 

There is never spyware. Some of the programmes pull up a nag-prompt every couple of weeks advertising new or different products (Ashampoo is terrible for this, but their software is fantastic) but most don't. I use Aiseesoft, Wonderfox and WinX converters and rippers from GAOTD and they are fine, sometimes a prompt to upgrade, but you get this with paid-for programmes too. Just remember not to accept.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:11 pm 

Hi c. buffalo.

Wondershare Filmora is an excellent software to cut and edit videos of all kinds. I don't think it has a conversion feature. For conversion it is recommended to use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate

Personally I haven't used any of these. Some friends whom I regard as 'experts' have recommended both programs.

I suppose you can find them in torrents or in sites like bolt etc.

If you have any difficulty in obtaining any of the above, I may have some solutions for you.